BACK IN MOTION CORPORATE WELLNESS
Employers increasingly consider on-site health clinics as a vital component of corporate health and wellness strategies that aim to measurabley improve employee productivity, integrate wellness initiatives, and provide an employment benefit comparable to other employers. Back In Motion Corporate Wellness can easily integrate into your existing corporate wellness program, or offer stand alone chiropractic wellness care to companies of any size. Back In Motion Corporate Wellness is a solution for employers wanting to offer an onsite care option aimed at decreasing worktime loss due to musculoskeletal injuries and increasing worker satisfaction.
As on-site care gains momentum, there is increased focus and demand for offering services that effectively address conditions that are both prevalent and costly. Topping the charts as one of the most pressing health care challenges nationwide is Low Back Pain. Listed as the second most common symptom-related reason for clinician vists in the United States, low back pain affects up to 84% of adults at some time in their lives. Regardless of the job description, low back pain is problematic in the workplace, plaguing both white-collar desk personnel and blue-collar warehouse and manufacturing workers. Following are some important statistics from the National Institute of Health Statistics concerning workplace health:
- Over half (52.7%) of the workforce surveyed reported having headache, low back pain, arthritis, or other musculoskeletal pain the the past two weeks, and 12.7% of all workforce lost productive time in a two-week period due to pain.
- Headache was the most common pain condition prompting lost productive time, followed by low back pain, arthritis, and other musculoskeletal complaints.
- Workers lost an average of 4.6 hours per week of productive time due to a pain condition, with musculoskeletal pain and low back pain producing the largest amounts of lost productive time.
- Lost productive time from common painful conditions was estimated to be $61.2 billion per year.
ROLE OF CHIROPRACTIC CARE IN ON-SITE CORPORATE HEALTH CLINICS
Including chiropractic care to the on-site corporate health clinic service portfolio has become increasingly popular among employers based on favorable outcomes-based research connected to chiropractic and the apparent prevalence and high costs associated with low back pain. A report published in 2014 found that on-site chiropractic servies are associated with lower overall health care utilization and subsequent costs. In particular, on-site chiropractic services were connected with:
- Lower utilization of outpatient and emergency care
- Lower utilization of physical therapy services
- Overall healthcare cost savings
- Inproved worker productivity
- Increased worker satisfaction
HOW IT WORKS
Each wellness program is unique and custom designed to fit your specific needs. Following is a general overview of how it all works:
- A private space to provide care
- A scheduling application for employees to sign up for care - we can help set this up
- Employee notifcation of services available - we can help with this as well
- Wifi connection for our physician to access our cloud-based electronic health records system
- Costs to both the employee and employer vary depending on the arrangement. For plans using medical insurance benefits, we will handle the full billing cycle and collect any deductible or co-pay directly from the employee at the time of service. For employer negotiated cash wellness plans where the company will contribute an agreed upon amount toward the treatment, we will collect the employee portion, if applicable, and bill the employer monthly for the remainder.
Please contact our Corporate Wellness Director, Dr. Adam Meisenhelder, to learn more about the benefits of adding on-site chiropractic care to your corporate wellness program.